Sendmail+Cyrus IMAP "Data format error" and bounces

Sergey a_s_y at sama.ru
Wed Mar 18 02:03:43 EDT 2020

On Tuesday 17 March 2020, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> > I'm now setting this explicitly and I'll see what happens.
>
> In fact, nothing changed.

I checked my Sendmail's log just in case and didn't find any
"Data format error" messages. I keep a log for 1 month. About
200K messages were received by Cyrus at this time. But it is
possible that bad messages are not accepted for some signs
that I consider spam tags: about 80K messages were rejected.

sendmail 8.16.0.41 (but 8.15.2 was used some years ago).
Cyrus IMAP 2.5.15. I use 3.0.13 on experimental server but
mail traffic too small here.

Can You grab bad message before reject and send it to me?

--
Regards, Sergey