Cyrus IMAP 3.2.2 released

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:21:23 EDT 2020

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020, at 10:10 PM, Sergey wrote:
> On Monday 22 June 2020, ellie timoney wrote:
>
> > The Cyrus team is proud to announce the immediate availability
> > of a new version of Cyrus IMAP: 3.2.2
>
> There was a problem with AC_SYS_LARGEFILE. Most likely it was
> there before, but I was no need to use AC_SYS_LARGEFILE.
> Programs for x32 cannot work with large partitions without
> building with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64. AC_SYS_LARGEFILE in configure.ac
> usually helps. This mostly helps when building Cyrus IMAP, but not
> for all components.
>
> without AC_SYS_LARGEFILE:
>
> $ cat cyrus-imapd-3.2.2-alt0-SS.log | grep "uses non-LFS functions"| wc -l
> 42
>
> with AC_SYS_LARGEFILE:
>
> $ cat cyrus-imapd-3.2.2-alt0-SS.log | grep "uses non-LFS functions"| wc -l
> 7
>
> verify-elf: WARNING: ./usr/lib/libcyrus_imap.so.0.0.0: uses non-LFS
> functions: statvfs
> verify-elf: WARNING: ./usr/lib/cyrus/restore: uses non-LFS functions:
> lseek open
> verify-elf: WARNING: ./usr/lib/cyrus/httpd: uses non-LFS functions:
> __fxstat __xstat
> verify-elf: WARNING: ./usr/lib/cyrus/cyr_backup: uses non-LFS
> functions: lseek open
> verify-elf: WARNING: ./usr/lib/cyrus/ctl_backups: uses non-LFS
> functions: lseek open
> verify-elf: WARNING: ./usr/lib/cyrus/backupd: uses non-LFS functions:
> lseek open
> verify-elf: WARNING: ./usr/lib/libcyrus.so.0.0.0: uses non-LFS
> functions: fopen
>
> Put it in a bugtracker on github?

Yes, please.  If you don't, I will, but then you won't get automatic notifications of updates.

Where do you see these warnings?  Are they appearing in a log somewhere, or is this output from an analysis tool you're running?  I tried searching for "verify-elf" but most of the results seem to be about signing binaries, which I don't think is related.

Cheers,

ellie