Cyrus IMAP 3.2.1 released

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Fri Jun 5 02:22:06 EDT 2020

Hi Marco,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, at 11:04 PM, Marco wrote:
> On 29/05/2020 06:20, ellie timoney has written:
> > The Cyrus team is proud to announce the immediate availability of a new version of Cyrus IMAP: 3.2.1
>
> Hello,
>
>   in Redhat EL8 I still fail these tests:
>
> ERRORS:
> Rename.rename_inbox
>   Perl exception: Errors found in syslog
>   at Cassandane/Instance.pm line 1322, <GEN3> line 91.

You probably saw on github -- I've just pushed a fix to Cassandane which I think should fix up the remaining syslog-related failures...

Though, Rename.rename_inbox is a special exception.  This one will probably always error on 3.2.  There's a real (niche) bug, which this test is detecting.  It's existed for a very long time, but we're not sure how to fix it yet, so you might as well just ignore it.

Though... it's very interesting that it FOUND errors in syslog, when the usual RedHat problem is not being able to find the syslog output.  Curious?

> FAILS:
>
> 1) Admin.imap_admins
>   expected 'ok', got 'no' at Cassandane/Cyrus/Admin.pm line 90.

This is interesting.  I'd like to see the full output please!

> 2) Caldav.supports_event
>   Boolean assertion failed at
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Test/Unit/Exception.pm line 13.

I think we discussed Caldav.supports_event before -- it passes here, still no idea what the difference is.  Maybe it's a libical thing?  What version is your libical?

> 3) ImapTest.append-binary
>   Boolean assertion failed at
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Test/Unit/Exception.pm line 13.
> 4) ImapTest.fetch-binary-mime
>   Boolean assertion failed at
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Test/Unit/Exception.pm line 13.
> 5) ImapTest.urlauth-binary
>   Boolean assertion failed at
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Test/Unit/Exception.pm line 13.

The "ImapTest.*-binary*" tests were known to be not-quite-right, and I believe have been removed from ImapTest-- my build is from 20190509 and doesn't contain them.  If you can't update ImapTest, it's reasonable to just suppress these three instead.

> 10) Cassandane::Test::Core.core_files_*
>    didn't match /(?^:Core files found)/ at Cassandane/Test/Core.pm line 96.

The RedHat environment is probably preventing core files from being created, in which case the Test::Core tests will always fail.  That being the case, I'd suggest just suppressing them.

> The details are attached, if it could be of interest.

There's no attachment, did the mailing list eat it?  Feel free to send to me directly

If you update to the latest Cassandane (for the syslog fixes), then you'll start seeing failures on 3.2.1 from these tests:

JMAPEmail.blob_get
JMAPEmail.email_query_guidsearch_mixedfilter

These tests have been updated to detect bugs that will be fixed in 3.2.2, but of course they fail for 3.2.1 cause the bugs still exist in that version.

Cheers,

ellie