Re: assertion failed: imap/mboxevent.c: 743: filled_params(type, event)

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Thu Jul 16 20:47:40 EDT 2020

Hi,

I've seen something like this before, and my gut feel is that this is going to turn out to be a bug in Cyrus.

I think what's happening is that, somewhere in Cyrus, an event is being generated with a type that's supposed to contain a serverAddress field, but the serverAddress field is not being initialised.

Before a generated event actually gets sent out to the notifier, we validate that all the required parameters have been filled ("filled_params()"), and the fatal assertion is telling us that this one has not been, even though it should have been.

Would you like to open a GitHub issue at https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues ?  If you don't, I will.  But if I do it, then you won't get automatic notifications about updates, so if you can, it's better if you do it.  Feel free to just paste your previous email as the issue text. :)

Cheers,

ellie