Cyrus 3.0.8 and purging/removing emails

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Tue Jan 14 09:51:36 EST 2020

Hi!

We do run a debian cyrus 3.0.8-6+deb10u3 mailserver, new setup, but we
did copy over some coonfigs from a older cyrus.

I recently discovered lots of emails in the local storage of the email
server, although the mailbox is empty.
In this case a IMAP shared folder, not a user INBOX.
IMAP tells the folder is empty, but in the folder on the disk still 800
files/mails available, partly 3 month old.

It seems I did miss the automatic removal of mails.

The cyrus.conf shows the line  delprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/cyrus
expire -E 3"

But it seems I did miss some important point.

On a cyrus restart it shows:

cyrus/cyr_expire[13235]: Expired 0 and expunged 0 out of 1449266
messages from 3993 mailboxes

Anyone has a idea what I did miss, or where to look?

thank you.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723