Migrating calendars to Cyrus

Nic Bernstein nic at nicbernstein.com
Fri Feb 21 07:31:44 EST 2020

On 2/21/20 5:09 AM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've been using CyrusIMAP for a long time, since before it supported
> CalDAV/CardDAV.
> At a site, I had installed DAVical, but I'd like to get rid of it, now
> that Cyrus can do what it does.
>
> I've migrated most calendars and I'm left with only one user, who,
> unfortunately, has more than 2k items in his calendar.
> Doing it via a client is a pain.
>
> Is there something like imapsync I can use?

Andrea,
Yes, there is something very much like imapsync that you can use, it's
called sync-remote-caldav.php and it's in the 'scripts' directory of the
Davical distribution.  I used this to migrate from Davical to Cyrus, and
it works like a charm.  If you no longer have your Davical distribution
directory, just download again.

One thing about using this is that it uses relative paths to load parts
of the davical library, so you need to run it from within the
operational davical location.

Good luck!
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                               nic at nicbernstein.com