Fwd: Help putting cyrus on Docker

Fabio Montefuscolo fabio.montefuscolo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 11:16:44 EST 2020

Hello!

I finally got the basic stuff working on Docker and deployed through Docker
swarm. That is what I learnt (or I think I learnt)

* a basic mail solution having Cyrus needs 4 containers (imapd, saslauthd,
rsyslog and postfix)
* sharing rsyslog socket on all containers is needed to have logs
* saslauthd socket needs to be shared on imapd and postfix containers, to
have authentication
* imapd exposes lmtp socket, that needs to be shared with postfix, to
receive emails

Other stuff

* Saslauthd is using OpenLDAP
* Postfix uses letsencrypt generated certificate

Next challenges

* Run OpenDKIM container and tie it o Postfix
* Work with virtualdomains
* Have a spam solution
* Convert the docker-compose.yml to a kubernetes equivalent (so scary)

If anyone have some minutes to take a look at
https://github.com/fabiomontefuscolo/wikisuite-swarm/tree/master/global-services
and give some thoughts, it would be awesome.

Thank you!!