Event notifications question

Marco falon at ruparpiemonte.it
Fri Aug 7 09:51:54 EDT 2020

Hello,

  I'm trying event notifications. I would like to see if there are some
methods to track all messages moved on a folder named "Spam", for instance.

First, I see that event filters in imapd.conf don't allow to specify a
folder name... so the notifications produced are very large.
A way to emit only a kind of event, such as "vnd.cmu.MessageMove" could
be appreciated.

My question is about "event_extra_params". It seems that I can add extra
parameters. For instance, as you can see in
https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/concepts/features/event-notifications.html#imap-features-event-notifications-messagemove
messageMove doesn't report the "messageContent" field.

So in imapd.conf I added:

event_extra_params: timestamp messages messageContent

I restarted the server, but messageMove events still exclude messageContent.

Do I have misunderstood something?

This is my config:

# Notify
event_notifier: log
event_exclude_specialuse: \Drafts
event_extra_params: timestamp messages messageContent
event_groups: message

Thank you very much

Cheers
Marco