kick_mupdate refused

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Sep 26 03:31:10 EDT 2019

Hi,

Quoting Miguel Mucio Santos Moreira <miguel at prodemge.gov.br>:

> Hello everybody
>
> I've had a weird log information on my frontends servers regards to
> mupdate connection from frontend to mupdate master.
> Mupdate Master would be refusing connections from frontend servers.
>
> srvimapfprd01 cyrus/imaps[29677]: kick_mupdate: can't connect to
> target: Connection refused
>
> These messages don't appear all day long and I don't notice any
> problem with the murder cluster
>
> All my cluster has cyrus 2.4.16-4 version.
>
> Any hints about it?

Does your mupdate master use TLS?

https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/2774

The problem was obvious in Cyrus 3.0 but I hat those connection
problems also with 2.4
and I now think it was non-thread-safe usage of openssl

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen