Cyrus webdav with Joplin

Johan Hattne johan at hattne.se
Thu Nov 28 02:40:52 EST 2019

Dear all;

I’m trying to get Joplin (https://joplinapp.org) to work with Cyrus’s webdav module, and I’ve run into two issues:

(1) When attempting to MKCOL a collection that already exists, Cyrus is responding with a 403, rather than a 405, which is what Joplin expects.

(2) Cyrus returns an error if the Content-type isn’t set where additional XML-formatted information is required in a POST to complete a request.

My skimming of the relevant RFC:s now lead me to believe that Cyrus is right on both counts; however, I don’t know enough about this to say for sure.  Can anyone here confirm, or are these genuine Cyrus bugs?

// Best wishes; Johan