IMAP over SSL (only) handshake hangs

Zhivko Vasilev zhivko_vasilev at mailtemi.com
Tue Nov 12 06:48:44 EST 2019

Hello Helder,

If there is no enough random seed OpenSSL will not hang, just return an error.

Even /dev/random is opened in non-blocking mode. This is true only if OpenSSL is built with non-blocking mode.
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/master/crypto/rand/rand_unix.c

If it hangs after some time could it be a handle leak?
In the past, I had a similar problem and used "lsof" and "ulimit" commands to see is it reached.

This error could be a possible track to a handle leak.
setrlimit: Unable to set file
descriptors limit to -1: Operation not permitted

Regards,
Zhivko