Cyrmaster at 100% cpu, defunct processes, connection timeouts

Vladislav Kurz vladislav.kurz at webstep.net
Thu Mar 14 05:45:21 EDT 2019

Hello everybody

yesterday evening I have update a server with ubuntu 18.04 (just the routine
security update, libc, kernel, not cyrus), and after reboot cyrus fails in
quite strange way.

It works fine for a few minutes, but then the cyrmaster spins up to 100% cpu
(1-core), and stops receiving new connections. Processes that exit stay in
defunct/zombie state, and eventually all of them end up like that.

At first I suspected some SSL problems, so eptied the tls_sessions.db, even set
tls_session_timeout: 0, tried to disable mailnotifier (I had it at log),
enabled debug, but still can't find the problem.

Anybody has/had the same problem and perhaps a solution?

Best regards
Vladislav Kurz