sieve filters being ignored

hwilmer hw at gc-24.de
Fri Mar 8 07:46:05 EST 2019

Hi,

with cyrus installed on Centos 7, my sieve filter is being ignored in
that no incoming mail is being filtered into destination folders
according to the filter rules.

The filter file is basically the same as I am using on another cyrus
installation where it works fine.  The filter can also be found under
/var/lib/imap/sieve in a sub directory, as I would expect.

I adjusted the filter rules because apparently there is no INBOX folder
anymore.  Here's an example rule:

if header :contains "List-Id" "Discussion group for Cyrus email system" {
   fileinto "lists.software.cyrus";
   stop;
}

The folder does exist; cyradm shows:

user.hwilmer.lists.software.cyrus (\HasNoChildren)

Is there a way to debug the sieve filtering?  What can I do to get sieve
to work?