cyrus 2.5 imap idle/stuck connections (DOS like)

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Thu Mar 7 09:58:27 EST 2019

Heiler Bemerguy via Info-cyrus wrote on 07/03/2019 15:39:
> Yes I've read imapd.conf and cyrus.conf and found no options to limit
> connections per source IP or "idleness"..
>
> It means anyone can open a lot of connections to any port (143, 25, 110 etc)
> and render the server unusable??
You can try to set
imapidletimeout: <minutes>
as documented in "man imapd.conf".

To keep your server "RFC friendly" this value should not be lower than 30
minutes, because RFC 2177:3. recommends that clients show activity at least
every 29 minutes.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | https://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria