backupd IOERROR reading backup files larger than 2GB

Carlos Larrañaga clarra at cc.upv.es
Mon Jun 3 08:01:27 EDT 2019

Hi,

We're testing backup feature un cyrus-imapd 3.0.10. There's no problem when
backup is created first time, but when the backup already exists and is larger
than 2GB, we get the following error from the backupd:

    cyrus/backupd[xxxx]: IOERROR: gzuc_read: lseek 12: No such file or directory

As said, it happens only when then backup file already exists and is larger than
2GB. The backupd process keeps reading de compressed backup file til sync_client
exit with "Error from sync_do_user(xxx): bailing out!".

We use xfs with latest CentOs. Seems like backupd is unable to read the
compressed backup file.

Anyone else with this problem? Any idea how to fix it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Carlos.