another problem with conversations db

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 25 05:55:14 EST 2019

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019, at 20:00, Michael Menge wrote:
> Hi Bron
>

> Quoting Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm>:
>
> > Sorry I haven't been following along with this earlier. Can you post
> > your imapd.conf and cyrus.conf as well as let her know if you run
> > anything which directly messes with files on disk.
>
> Thanks for looking into it. I have attached the backend and replica
> configs. There should be nothing messing with the files on disk
> directly. Some times we need to restore mails from file based
> backup (bacula) followed by a reconstruct but this was not the
> case this time.

Do you always rebuild the conversations db after doing the reconstruct? That will be necessary now. We switched to doing all our restores using IMAP append a while back so we're never fiddling the file system under Cyrus.

> > Also, what operating system is this on and what Cyrus version?
> >

> We are running a cyrus 3.0.8 compiled with the following Options
> (./configure --enable-murder --enable-http --enable-calalarmd
> --enable-replication --enable-backup --enable-idled
> --enable-autocreate CFLAGS="-fPIC -g")
> in a murder configuration on a RHEL 7.5 System. As filesystem we use xfs.

They should be fine. I'll have a read of the config when I'm at a real computer.

--
 Bron Gondwana
 brong at fastmail.fm