Is there any to reconstruct a mailbox, if used just have the email files, but none of the original cyrus.* files?

Mark London mrl at psfc.mit.edu
Fri Jan 18 16:26:01 EST 2019

Hi - Is there any to reconstruct a mailbox, if you just have the email
files, but none of the original cyrus.* files?   Don't ask me why, it's
a very long story.

As an aside, has anyone ever had a situation where emails were los,t
when someone used Apple Mail to transfer a lot of files from one folder
to another?   We had this happen.   Someone tried to move a years worth
of emails,  22K or so, to a new folder.   Only a few files emails ended
up in the new folders, and the rest were totally deleted.  I confirmed
via my backup logs, that this was the case. The same user tried the same
operation the year before, and the same thing happened.   i tried using
Thunderbird, and had no problems. Just curious.  Thanks.

Mark London
mrl at psfc.mit.edu