another problem with conversations db

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Feb 18 07:58:47 EST 2019

Quoting Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmailteam.com>:

> ctl_conversationsdb -b should update the cid. BUT - if you're
> running old mailboxes which have a format which doesn't support
> saving the CID, that would for sure break things!

I did run "reconstruct -V max" during the upgrade. So all mailboxes
should have been updated but
checking with

mbexamine user/* | grep "  Minor Version: 12"

I found some mailboxes that where not updated correctly. I didn't see
any errors during the
initial upgrade, but I don't have the logs anymore so i don't know
what happened.
Any idea what could lead to "reconstruct -V max" failing for some mailboxes?

I did rerun "reconstruct -r -V max user/LoginID" for those users, but
I had two accounts where
the reconstruct command didn't update the index for the INBOX of that
account. Rerunning it
again did update it.

The rebuild of the conversation_db worked fine after the Index was updated..
Do this did resolve the endless loop in ctl_conversationsdb. I would suggest
to add a check for the index version in ctl_conversationsdb

I will monitor my log files if the IOERRORS will reappear, or if the
wrong index version
was the root of that problem too.

@Bron Thanks for the help

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen