disk space used by a mailbox without expunged

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Wed Feb 13 07:08:30 EST 2019

On 2/13/19 7:01 AM, Eric Luyten wrote:

> On 13/02/2019 09:17, Michael Menge wrote:
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>> Quoting Marcus Schopen <lists at localguru.de>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a way to count the disk space used by a mailbox without
>>> expunged messages?
>>>

>> mbexamine user/LoginID | grep Size
>>
>> on older cyrus versions (2.3 and 2.4) mbexamine did examine all
>> subfolders as well
>> in 3.0 only the info for the given folder is shown
>

> O dear.
>
> We (2.3 server, upgrading this year) use the subfolder size information
> extensively in our management procedures.

Use /* to get the subfolders. Such as:

/usr/local/cyrus/sbin/mbexamine user/testuser|grep 'Mailbox Size'

   Number of Messages: 21  Mailbox Size: 332856 bytes  Annotations Size:
0 bytes

/usr/local/cyrus/sbin/mbexamine user/testuser/*|grep 'Mailbox Size'

   Number of Messages: 61  Mailbox Size: 1578340 bytes  Annotations
Size: 0 bytes
   Number of Messages: 1  Mailbox Size: 22909 bytes  Annotations Size: 0
bytes
   Number of Messages: 0  Mailbox Size: 0 bytes  Annotations Size: 0 bytes
   Number of Messages: 1573  Mailbox Size: 50237802 bytes  Annotations
Size: 0 bytes
   Number of Messages: 41  Mailbox Size: 639825 bytes  Annotations Size: