Removing email from Xapian tier databases

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at sarenet.es
Sat Feb 9 07:03:11 EST 2019

Good morning,

As far as I understood, for Xapian you first create it's conversation
database in order to work. Later you create database(s) for each mailbox
where Xapian can search in. You can move data between them, new mails
become indexed for instance Squatter in rolling mode... that's ok... and
understood I  think. I was wondering, what happens when mail indexed in
the archive database in removed and then does not exist any more in the
database... does Squatter rolling log manage that too?.

By the way. I was wondering if mail gets indexed in the tier databases
(for instance in Fastmail in temp, meta, data, archine...) what's the
role or function of conversations databases you create with
ctl_conversationsdb -b -r ?.

Cheers!

--

EGOITZ AURREKOETXEA
Departamento de sistemas
egoitz at sarenet.es
www.sarenet.es [1]
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario
hacerlo.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.sarenet.es