Transfer existing quotas to new cyrus imap service

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Dec 17 09:17:09 EST 2019

Hi James,

Quoting "James B. Byrne via Info-cyrus" <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>:

> We are transferring an existing cyrus-imapd 3.0.11 mailstore to
> another host also running cyrus-imapd 3.0.11.  I cannot find any
> documentation on how one transfers user quotas.  Can someone provide
> me with the link to the documentation or explain how it is done?
>
> Thanks,

Cyrus stores important information in different paths.
See imapd.conf manpage:

configdirectory:
<configdirectory>/mailboxes.db: list of all mailboxes and acls
<configdirectory>/annotations.db: mailbox Annotations
<configdirectory>/deliver.db: Information about recent delivered mails
                   (needed for duplicate delivery suppression and
sieve vacation)
<configdirectory>/user/**: subscribed folders and seen information
<configdirectory>/quota/**: Quota-Information

sievedir: Sieve Scripts

Depending on the configured partitions one ore more

partition-<name>: Mailboxes/Mails of the users on the partition <name>

and optional

metapartition-<name>: Meta-Files of the Mailboxes on the partition <name>
archivepartition-<name>: Old Mails of Mailboxes on the partition <name>

You can use cyrus-replication to transfer all user/information to the
second server and keep them in sync.

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/admin/sop/replication.html

Michael

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen