django-cyradm

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Thu Dec 12 15:26:46 EST 2019

Am Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2019, 21:06:46 CET schrieb Jesper Schmitz
Mouridsen via Info-cyrus:
> It has self service support. The system has 3 roles "admin","domain
> admin" and "account user".
>
> If you are interested take a look at
sounds very interesting - i planned to write a similiar open source product
(after the very flexible web-cyradm was very outdated) - but with exim /
pam_mysql (should be similiar) and reserved some spare time over christmas
and january for it...

After planning with django years ago, my current plan was to use flask or
similiar more light, because installation of django (compared to the old LAMP
based web-cyradm) is more difficult for many users / impossible in some typical
mass hosting environments and easier to maintain in regards of security over
longer timespan (django typically needs security updates several times a year
from what i experienced with it in other projects). And with flask it is (at
least by my intention so far...) more easy to use it on i.e. embedded
hardware or "small email servers" with a DevOps like software / "firmware"
management.

I very like the very intelligent (because it allows very flexible email configs
as MTA integrations) database design of web_cyradm. While i've not found a
way to easily "reuse" that existing database structure (or "rebuilt" it with
the django DB subsystem) in flask is has to be done by hand - so "no prob" at
this edge for me.

But will definitely check it - and (if interested) contribute (where it may
makes sense). it may possibly still is a nice base or working solution for
what i'm looking for (saving me time to write something complete byself) and
if flask or so is still an option, the similiar concept should allow to
"reuse" at least the more fiddely python code from a django project.

is there any public "main" repo of the project?

many thanks for your time and posting,

niels.
 Niels Dettenbach
 Syndicat IT & Internet