debian cyrus 3.0.8 saslauth, AD and apple mail pop3s issue

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Aug 20 05:01:34 EDT 2019

Am 20.08.19 um 10:45 Uhr schrieb Lars Schimmer:
> Hi!
>
> I did setup a debian buster system with cyrus 3.0.8-6
> We setup cyrus to use saslauth to authenticate against AD.
>
> So far all known windows/linux IMAP clients do fetch their IMAP mails
> without issues.
>
> But we got a issue with POP3s on a iPad, it cannot login and I do not
> see much information why it does not work, not much in logs.
>
> Any seen this issue before?

No, but I wonder if IMAP works on the iPad. If not I would suspect
certificate issues. When you say "not much in logs", what do you see?

If the iPad gets past the SSL handshake, you should be able to see
what's going wrong by enabling telemetry on the server. Create a
directory with the user name in

config directory/logs

Make sure that it's writable by Cyrus.
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.