cyradm problem

bluntroller bluntroller at protonmail.com
Sat Sep 15 02:25:49 EDT 2018

Day,
I totally dislike it but I need help here.
I have postfix installed, up and running as a MTA.
I have saslauthd installed up and running and an authentication server.
I use the auxprop-sasldb2 alternative as a user/password database (and thought this were the easiest way to get it all up before turning to the mysql option, automating procedures, php-scripting etc....)
I can do remote-logins into my server via sasl authentication.
I can do remote-logings into my (imaps) server with the aid of TLS Certificates only.
I do not use the POP3 protocol at all.
I do not use unsecured connections at all.
Everything goes over TLS/sasl authentication/authorization.

However...
If it comes to testsaslauthd, imtest or cyradm I can't connect to localhost.localdomain (via SSH) on my remote server or get a 'can't connect to server' (cyradm) reply.
I'm pretty sure it's a simple configuration problem or misunderstanding of the stack at all but I am stuck finding the needle in the haystack.
It's probably a SSH problem but I am not sure.
Inside SSH I use a certificate-based authentication too with root-logins not allowed ('without password')

Any help is very appreciated.

Greets

Gee