Sieve scripts execution for connected folders

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Tue Oct 9 11:10:38 EDT 2018

Your use of the phrase "connected to all users" and, earlier, "connected
and subscribed", is confusing.  Am I correct to assume you mean the
folder is "subscribed" by all users?  There is no such thing asa
mailbox/folder being "connected" as a state.  It may be subscribed or
not, it may be connected to, by a client, but "connected" is not a
static condition.

Cyrus can support shared seen state, but it's also not clear, from your
messages, if you want shared seen state, or don't want it? Just what are
you trying to achieve?

Also, which version of Cyrus are you using?  Current is 3.0.8, historic
is 2.5.12, development is 3.1.X.

The rule with user sieve scripts is that they may only act on that
user's mailboxes, not on shared mailboxes which one is subscribed to.
If you want to have new messages in a shared mailbox show as new for
each user, separately, then you need to disable shared seen.  This may
be done on the mailbox level, using the cyradm(8) command, with the
mboxcfg subcommand:

    localhost>*info office*
    {office}:
       private:
         check: NIL
         checkperiod: NIL
         comment: NIL
         sort: NIL
         specialuse: NIL
         thread: NIL
         expire: NIL
         news2mail: NIL
         sieve: NIL
         squat: NIL
       shared:
         check: NIL
         checkperiod: NIL
         comment: NIL
         sort: NIL
         specialuse: NIL
         thread: NIL
         annotsize: 0
         duplicatedeliver: false
         expire: NIL
         lastpop: NIL
         lastupdate: 31-Jul-2018 09:59:20 -0500
         news2mail: NIL
         partition: default
         pop3newuidl: true
         pop3showafter: NIL
    *sharedseen: false*
         sieve: NIL
         size: 4101
         squat: NIL
         synccrcs: 1118531081 0
         uniqueid: 4c8f66f0-9f6a-4fa1-b8bf-547afa1ec5e8
    localhost> mboxcfg office sharedseen true
    localhost>*info office*
    {office}:
       private:
         check: NIL
         checkperiod: NIL
         comment: NIL
         sort: NIL
         specialuse: NIL
         thread: NIL
         expire: NIL
         news2mail: NIL
         sieve: NIL
         squat: NIL
       shared:
         check: NIL
         checkperiod: NIL
         comment: NIL
         sort: NIL
         specialuse: NIL
         thread: NIL
         annotsize: 0
         duplicatedeliver: false
         expire: NIL
         lastpop: NIL
         lastupdate:  9-Oct-2018 10:09:19 -0500
         news2mail: NIL
         partition: default
         pop3newuidl: true
         pop3showafter: NIL
    *sharedseen: true*
         sieve: NIL
         size: 4101
         squat: NIL
         synccrcs: 1118531081 0
         uniqueid: 4c8f66f0-9f6a-4fa1-b8bf-547afa1ec5e8

Is that what you're trying to achieve, changing the setting of Shared \Seen?

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight Inc.                              www.onlight.com