building 3.0.8 fails with --disable-pcre on opensuse/sles

Stephan Lauffer lauffer at ph-freiburg.de
Thu Oct 4 04:37:27 EDT 2018

Hello!

On a opensuse/sles cyrus-imapd-3.0.8 fails building if I use the
configure switch --disable-pcre during compiling lib/glob.c
I got errors about...:

... unknown type name 'regex_t'
... 'REG_EXTENDED' undeclared (first use in this function)
... unknown type name 'regmatch_t'

...and so on.

If we do not use --disable-pcre cyrus-imapd is building but not
useable, it  is crashing very often. In the past we patched the pcre
of suse to get this fixed but I would not like to patch the distro
pcre package. With cyrus-imapd- 3.0.7 we could live with just
disabling pcre in cyrus and everything was fine.

--
Liebe Gruesse, with best regards
Stephan Lauffer

Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany
http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/
Fon/ Fax: +49 761 682 -559/ -486