suddenly 'User unknown'?

Javier Angulo javier at jangulo.net
Fri Nov 30 06:49:03 EST 2018

On 11/29/18 8:00 PM, Charles Bradshaw via Info-cyrus wrote:
> Now you tell me is cyrus syslog being sent to /var/log/maillog? Or
> should it be going to /var/imapd.log as the configuration files, man
> pages and cyrus installation guides ( found here:
> https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/installing.html ) say it should?

I believe there is no "syslog_facility:" option in cyrus 2.4 (at least I
was unable to find it). You can configure it in cyrus3 and maybe in
cyrus 2.5.

So in /etc/imapd.conf I would remove the syslog_facility line and set:
syslog_prefix: cyrus

And in /etc/rsyslog.conf:
mail.*       -/var/log/maillog

Restart rsyslog and check logs for cyrus/something ...

Cheers