tls-1.0 and cyrus-imaps-3.0.8

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Mon Nov 26 11:36:28 EST 2018

On 11/26/18 12:08 PM, James B. Byrne via Info-cyrus wrote:

> On Mon, November 26, 2018 10:28, Ken Murchison wrote:
>> I can't reproduce your issue and I don't see where the sslscan output
>> states that TLS1.0 is being advertised.  Can you actually connect
>> using TLS1.0 protocol?
>>

> No, we cannot.  I will pass the results of our test to the powers
> thast be and see what their reply is.
>
> Thank you, that was most helpful advice.

https://testssl.sh is also useful.

testssl.sh --ssl-native -p <ip>:993

  Service detected:       IMAP, thus skipping HTTP specific checks

  Testing protocols via native openssl

  SSLv2      Local problem: /usr/bin/openssl doesn't support "s_client
-ssl2"
  SSLv3      not offered (OK)
  TLS 1      not offered
  TLS 1.1    not offered