[Murder issue] Connection closed

Jean-Christophe Delaye Jean-Christophe.Delaye at eurecom.fr
Wed May 16 12:39:55 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm currently trying to setup a running murder Cyrus configuration.

I'm using a frontend (which is also the master mupdate) and a backend.
Imapd process seems ok, i'm able to connect and authenticate.

imap.eurecom.fr> ver
name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : 3.0.6
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: https://www.cyrusimap.org
os         : SunOS
os-version : 5.11
environment: Built w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.27
             Running w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.27
             Built w/OpenSSL 1.0.2n  7 Dec 2017
             Running w/OpenSSL 1.0.2n  7 Dec 2017
             Built w/zlib 1.2.11
             Running w/zlib 1.2.11
             CMU Sieve 3.0
             mmap = shared
             lock = fcntl
             nonblock = fcntl
             idle = idled

But, I have an issue with mupdate part.
It's running on the frontend/master side, but I can't connect from the
backend (trying with ctl_mboxlist or even mupdatetest).

mupdatetest can authenticate with the murder user but immediatly closed
the connection (I can't run any command).

postman at ipso:~$ /opt/cyrus-imapd_3.0.6-cyrus1-g/bin/mupdatetest -u
postman -m plain -v imap
S: * AUTH "PLAIN"
S: * STARTTLS
S: * COMPRESS "DEFLATE"
S: * PARTIAL-UPDATE
S: * OK MUPDATE "imap.eurecom.fr" "Cyrus IMAP" "3.0.6" "(master)"
Please enter your password: xxxxx
C: A01 AUTHENTICATE "PLAIN" {32+}
cG9zdG1hbgBwb3N0#bWFuAG9yYWNsZTE=
S: A01 OK "Authenticated"
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0
Connection closed.

Any ideas ? I tried to increase the debug level (and snoop the network),
but without success.

Thank you.