reconstruct problem

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue May 1 15:34:14 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 1, 2018 14:44, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> reconstruct only works when the cyrus files exist. You can just touch
> them prior to running reconstruct.
>
>> Am 01.05.2018 um 20:18 schrieb Dr. Harry Knitter
>> <harry at knitter-edv-beratung.de>:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> reconstruct doesn't process submailboxes even when using the -r
>> option. No cyrus.* files are created in subfolders.
>> What can I do?
>>
>> Thanks

I have the same problem with Cyrus 3.0.5 reconstruct running on a
FreeBSd-11.1 host.  Even with the -f option it still does not recurse.

sudo -u cyrus /usr/local/cyrus/sbin/reconstruct -r -f user.testuser

ll
/var/spool/imap/t/user/testuser_hll/delivery/imports/cyrus.index-rw-------
 1 cyrus  cyrus  96 Apr 27 09:13
/var/spool/imap/t/user/testuser_hll/delivery/imports/cyrus.index

rm /var/spool/imap/t/user/testuser_hll/delivery/imports/cyrus.index
remove
/var/spool/imap/t/user/testuser_hll/delivery/imports/cyrus.index? y

sudo -u cyrus /usr/local/cyrus/sbin/reconstruct -r -f user.testuser_hll

ll /var/spool/imap/t/user/testuser_hll/delivery/imports/cyrus.index
ls: /var/spool/imap/t/user/testuser_hll/delivery/imports/cyrus.index:
No such file or directory

sudo -u cyrus /usr/local/cyrus/sbin/reconstruct -r -f
user.testuser_hll/delivery/imports/cyrus.index

ll /var/spool/imap/t/user/testuser_hll/delivery/imports/cyrus.index
ls: /var/spool/imap/t/user/testuser_hll/delivery/imports/cyrus.index:
No such file or directory

Clearly either I am not using reconstruct correctly or it is not
working as it did formerly.  I expected that the missing index file
would be recreated by reconstruct and it was not.  In fact on other
mailboxes in the same maildir tree I can see absolutely no evidence
that reconstruct does anything at all.

Canada  L8E 3C3