sa-learn using event notifications

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Mar 12 12:44:18 EDT 2018

I wrote a simple program that manages the vnd.cmu.MessageMove event to
run sa-learn when a message is moved into or out of the spam folder.
I'm processing it synchronously (i.e., the program starts spawned by
notifyd and doesn't terminate until sa-learn exits).
Given that sa-learn takes a few seconds to run, could it lead to
problems? Should I devise a different strategy (i.e. queue sa-learn to
run later/asynchronously)?
I don't have many users (around 100 active sessions).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007