Sieve stopped working after updating cyrus-imapd to 3.0.5

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Mar 2 03:21:25 EST 2018

Hi Ralf,

> thanks a lot for your feedback, seems like we're coming closer. Although
> I'm not sure what port 24 is supposed to be in your swaks command I just
> sent myself an e-mail while strace was attached to cyrusmaster.
>
> The log revealed the following:
> readlink("/var/imap/sieve/u/user^domain^de/defaultbc", 0x7fff7fa31d00,
> 4096) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> Then I recognized that the users in /var/imap/sieve/ are actually
> separated by a dot ('.') instead of a caret ('^') as opposed to
> /var/spool/imap/ where the users are separated by a caret. After manually
> renaming the sieve directory of my user to the caret notation the
> filtering was finally working.
>
> However Roundcube then tells me that no filters are available. Once I
> used Roundcube (or sieveshell) my sieve user directory is existing twice,
> once empty in dot notation and once with the filters in caret notation.
>
> My conclusion:
> 1. lmtpd (?) is using the caret notation when looking up sieve scripts.
> 2. timsieved (?) is using the dot notation when creating sieve scripts.
>
> Which configuration parameters affect this behaviour?

the only explanation I can come up with is that you have more than one
imapd.conf and that the two daemons use different ones. Do any of the
entries in your cyrus.conf use the "-C" flag? I'm not an expert on that,
but I seem to remember that the caret notation is part of virtual domain
support. I have no experience with that because we don't need it.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121, Zimmer 2.02
Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK)