Monitoring cyrusimapd

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jun 21 04:53:26 EDT 2018

Hi,

Quoting Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to know what kind of monitoring you perform on a cyrus-imapd.
> Beside classic (check_imap, check_disk, check_cpu etc...) do you have any
> special thing to monitor about cyrus-imapd.

In addition to the normal System monitoring (CPU-, Memory and Disk usage and
the Checks if tie services are running, we monitor the Cyrus logs for
Critical errors like IOERROR, or Mupdate commit errors.

> For example do you launch any check on each database ? How can I
> check if the replication work fine ?

No database checks.

For Replication we check the size of the "sync" folder to see if the rolling
replication log is growing over 1 MB or if average size of the logs was over
500 KB for more than 15 min

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen