Solaris (11) support

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Sun Jun 17 23:25:06 EDT 2018

Hi Jean-Christophe,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018, at 5:49 PM, Jean-Christophe Delaye wrote:
> So this is why the first part of my
> question was to known if there are many running murder systems running
> on Solaris (11) and why I can't find specifics notes about
> compiling/installing Cyrus imapd on this operating system.

The main contributors to Cyrus development are not running Solaris, either personally or organisationally, so Solaris support doesn't get a lot of direct attention.

There are a few people out there running Cyrus on Solaris (not sure if they're using murder or not).  They usually pop up on the list with Solaris-compatibility issues/patches not long after new releases where we've accidentally broken something on Solaris, which we greatly appreciate! :)

I have no access to Solaris, and so additional insight to offer.  But I'd be very happy to accept/merge patches to code/documentation for you if you get things working properly.

Cheers,

ellie