Cyrus IMAP-3.0.7 - listmailbox user/* does not report all mailboxes

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Jul 16 12:09:29 EDT 2018

I We recently moved our imap service from CentOS and IMAP-2.11 to
FreeBSD and IMAP 3.0.7. At the time we followed the upgrade path and
at the same time updated our mailboxes to the latest version:

sudo -u cyrus /usr/local/cyrus/sbin/reconstruct -f -r -G -V max user/*
# Reconstruct and upgrade the mailbox folders

Since the conversion everything has been running fine and we have no
reported problems with mailbox administration, message receipt, or
anything else having to do with IMAP.

However, this morning I had cause to check for the existence of a
particular mailbox folder.  When I logged into cyradm and ran
'listmmailbox' I only received listings for three of our users, none
of which showed the entire mailbox folder tree for any of those
reported.

This anomaly gives me great concern. Are there any known issues with
cyrus-imapd that might cause this problem?  Is it necessary to run
reconstruct on a regular basis?

Canada  L8E 3C3