Specify saslauthd state directory to imapd in build

Andrew Bernard andrew.bernard at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 21:39:50 EDT 2018

I am having trouble with getting imapd and saslauthd to work together on
Ubuntu 18.04, using the recent Cyrus imapd (3.0.7) and sasl (2.1.26)
releases. Using postfix (3.3.1), I have the saslauthd state directory in
/var/run/saslauthd (and also in the chroot'd postfix directory hierarchy).
For days I have had this error:

cyrus/imap[nnnn]: SASL cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or
directory

To come to the point, finally I ran strace on imapd and found it is trying
to open /var/state/saslauthd. I believe this is the default for saslauthd.

I am unable to decipher which configure options to build cyrus-imapd with
to change this directory name.

Any assistance most appreciated.

Andrew