please HELP

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Mon Jan 22 17:47:01 EST 2018

On 01/22/18 19:02 -0300, Heiler Bemerguy via Info-cyrus wrote:
> Em 22/01/2018 18:46, Dan White escreveu:
>> On 01/22/18 17:44 -0300, Heiler Bemerguy via Info-cyrus wrote:
>>> imap_renamemailbox($mbox, "$mailbox", "$mailbox"."TODELETE")
>>
>> Was this performed as an admin?
>
>Yes. In a huge list of imap accounts I THOUGHT were unused

What is an example of "$mailbox"?

>> What is your Cyrus version, and what does a sanitized copy of your
>> imapd.conf look like?
>
> 2.5.10
> configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
> proc_path: /dev/shm/cyrus/proc
> mboxname_lockpath: /dev/shm/cyrus/lock
> defaultpartition: default
> partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
> partition-news: /var/spool/cyrus/news
> newsspool: /var/spool/news
> altnamespace: no
> unixhierarchysep: yes
> reject8bit: yes
> lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
> admins: admin
> allowanonymouslogin: no
> popminpoll: 0
> autocreate_quota: 0
> umask: 077
> hashimapspool: true
> allowplaintext: yes
> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
> lmtp_strict_quota: 1
> allowusermoves: true
>
>> Please make sure you have a backup of the current state of your mailstore
>> before proceeding, in addition to whatever backups you had prior to
>> modification.
>
> I've done that. But in the cyrus.header, the "todelete" is still there, although in lower case..
> I think that is the big problem!!
>
>> The '^' implies you have unixhierarchysep turned off, based on this:
>
> But it is enabled.. should I disable it or what?

I do not recommend making any changes to your imapd.conf. That could make
things worse.

> I just renamed another imap account from "loginTODELETE" to "login" and
> even after Reconstruct, it shows on cyrus.header:
> root at mailer:/var/spool/cyrus/mail/a/user/ana^claudia# cat cyrus.header
> Cyrus mailbox header
> "The best thing about this system was that it had lots of goals."
>        --Jim Morris on Andrew
> user.ana^claudia        2696fec95963d41f
> $MDNSent $Forwarded
> ana.claudiatodelete     lrswipkxtecda

On a similar version of Cyrus, with the same altnamespace/unixhierarchysep
config:

cyradm --user=cyrus <host>
host> cm user/first.last

Contents of cyrus.header:

host# cat /var/spool/cyrus/mail/f/user/first^last/cyrus.header
Cyrus mailbox header
"The best thing about this system was that it had lots of goals."
        --Jim Morris on Andrew
        55eee0815a6664c2

first.last      lrswipkxtecdan

host> lm user/f*
user/first.last (\HasNoChildren)
host> setacl user/first.last cyrus all
host> rename user/first.last user/first.last.TODELETE
host> lm user/f*
user/first.last.TODELETE (\HasNoChildren)

Contents of cyrus.header:

host# cat /var/spool/cyrus/mail/f/user/first^last^TODELETE/cyrus.header
Cyrus mailbox header
"The best thing about this system was that it had lots of goals."
        --Jim Morris on Andrew
        55eee0815a6664c2

cyrus   lrswipkxtecdan  first.last.todelete     lrswipkxtecdan

host> rename user/first.last.TODELETE user/first.last
host> lm user/f*
user/first.last (\HasNoChildren)

The cyrus.header may not be directly related to your problem. Verify your
mailboxes list, with cyradm, and use use it to perform your renames, as an
admin user.

--
Dan White