Split mailboxes on server migration

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Sun Jan 21 21:13:14 EST 2018

Hi Hiago,

Nice sleuthing, I'm glad you figured it out!

Have you seen/read the following (legacy) document?
https://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.5.10/install-virtdomains.php
It should also be present in your local installation somewhere (look for
"install-virtdomains.html" or similar, though I'm not sure where the
Debian package installs it).  The non-legacy documentation at
https://www.cyrusimap.org/2.5/imap/admin/sop/virtual-domains.html
references this, but doesn't have a lot of detail itself.
We don't ship/install an imapd.conf in the Cyrus source distribution, so
I guess those defaultdomain values were set by your package manager.  I
guess it's not surprising that they changed between 2.2 and 2.5, that
was a looong time! :)
Cheers,

ellie