Why Cyrus?

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 19 10:52:50 EST 2018

On 01/19/2018 07:50 AM, Nic Bernstein wrote:
 > I'm sorry, and don't wish to start a flame war here, but can't just let
 > this comment pass.  Fastmail are dedicated to improving the
 > documentation of Cyrus, and have on staff a person, Nicola Nye
 > <nicolan at fastmailteam.com>, for that specific reason.  They've spent a
 > bundle of money to improve the documentation, as have other
 > organizations like Kolab <https://kolabsystems.com/> and Onlight
 > <https://www.onlight.com/> (my firm).

Absolutely no flame war will ensue.  I appreciate the update and was not
aware that FastMail was putting resources towards Cyrus documentation:
that's over and above, so very commendable. Same for the other
commercial organizations spending time and money on this effort.

Also, thanks for the links. I knew the documentation has gotten a lot
better, but so has my knowledge.  It seems like every question I have
still requires a trip to the listserv, and even then it's generally a
matter of sifting through google searches and experimentation.  Just
once I want to have a question about Cyrus, go to the documentation, and
Boom!: the answer is right there.  The Virtual Domains thing can be my
next test case.