Initial use of Xapian

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at mahoroba.org
Thu Feb 15 12:04:50 EST 2018

Hi,

> I do understand that managing a project like this is quite a task
> and v.3 is still young. Apart from the log issue and xapian I also
> stumbled over other undocumented changes related to FreeBSD only I
> think(?) in that binaries that before existed in bin/ are now
> separated into sbin/ and libexec/, meaning that your scripts will of
> course fail after the upgrade. I should produce a short writeup for
> the FreeBSD camp.

nic> As for the FreeBSD path changing issues, that's up to the package
nic> creator.  Please let them know.

I'm a maintainer of the FreeBSD ports of Cyrus IMAPd.
My understanding is that Cyrus IMAPd 3.X changed the directory layout
to separate sbin and libexec by default.  I did nothing special for
FreeBSD around here.  So, if the directory layout is same as 2.X, it
was changed by that distro, IMHO.

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO