sieve runtime error

Joshua Schaeffer jschaeffer0922 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:09:26 EST 2018

I'm trying to setup sieve and getting the following error in my logs:

Dec 17 10:36:07 bllmail01 cyrus/lmtp[14530]: sieve runtime error for
jschaeffer at harmonywave.net id
<CAFNRWC6zKssMS8cdyg1yG9t-fv6=+1jRpf4p5BKd8wgQ-19wgA at mail.gmail.com>:
Reject: Sendmail process terminated normally, exit status 255

I'm following the documentation here:
https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/admin/sieve.html?highlight=sieve#testing-the-sieve-server

I'm trying to get sieve working on my IMAP server. Using Ubuntu 16.04 with
the cyrus-imapd 2.4.18-3 package. I'm using the test sieve script shown in
the documentation to reject everything from my personal email:

require ["reject","fileinto"];
if address :is :all "From" "jschaeffer0922 at gmail.com"
{
    reject "testing";
}

I then connect using sieveshell, upload the file, and activate it:

root at bllmail01:~# sieveshell -u jschaeffer at harmonywave.net -a
jschaeffer at harmonywave.net mail.harmonywave.cloud
connecting to mail.harmonywave.cloud
Please enter your password:
> put /tmp/testing.sieve testing
> activate testing
> list
testing  <- active script
> quit

However when I send a test email from my personal account to the email
I have setup on the IMAP server it always comes through and I get this
in mail.log:

Dec 17 10:36:07 bllmail01 cyrus/lmtp[14530]: sieve runtime error for
jschaeffer at harmonywave.net id
<CAFNRWC6zKssMS8cdyg1yG9t-fv6=+1jRpf4p5BKd8wgQ-19wgA at mail.gmail.com>:
Reject: Sendmail process terminated normally, exit status 255

I've tried searching for causes of this error but couldn't find much.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joshua Schaeffer