Question for upgrading

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Dec 17 06:38:36 EST 2018

On Mon, 2018-12-17 at 10:40 +0100, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
> I think (and say think :) )I finally found a method. Although I'm
> testing it deeply... it seems (say seems too :) ) 2.4 is compatible
> with a mail spool in 2.3 (at least with my config). So I'll try to
> upgrade first to 2.4 and later to 3.0 setting up a replication from
> 2.4 to 3.0. Would be fine if Bron, Ellie or someone at Fastmail could
> tell something about it to us :) :)

Yes, I have performed an in-place upgrade of 2.3 to 2.4.  Other than
some delay due to index reconstruction it went very smoothly.

The only issues I recall is that some users got some deleted messages
back after the reconstruct, and there were some mailboxes which lost
Seen status;  I never figured out why [they were related to that
handful of users which somehow always have problems with everything].

--
Executive Committee Vice-Chair
Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers