Question for upgrading

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at sarenet.es
Thu Dec 13 10:52:28 EST 2018

Good afternoon,

I was trying to upgrade part of our Cyrus imap installation, concretely
that one consisting in still 2.3. I was planning to set up Cyrus 3.0. I
have seen all works properly except for the unexpunge command because as
someone stated here, a reconstruct -V max was needed.The problem is that
this reconstruct command, takes ages and I'm not able to keep the
service offline so many time. So I have been thinking in the following
scenario :

- Cyrus 2.3 master -> Cyrus 2.4 slave

Get this 2.4 slave ready and set it as master. But here comes my first
doubt. Does the 2.4 replication work with the 2.3 replication?. Can in
this pair, both (the 2.3 and the 2.4) be both master and slave?. I mean
to switch roles in the pair. Make one become master and the other slave
and  vice versa?.

Let's think now Cyrus 2.4 is ready and working.

- Now, I would set up a new 3.0 slave. I know 2.4 could replicate with
3.0. So I would get the 3.0 ready and then set 3.0 as master. Can in
this pair both the 2.4 and 3.0 be master and slave?. Meaning again to
the same role switching commented before... to make one to be master and
the other slave or vice versa....

I'l will end up with 2 3.0 master and slave... but I need to trace the
path...

Does anyone see any other way?.

Best regards,

-

--

EGOITZ AURREKOETXEA
Departamento de sistemas
egoitz at sarenet.es
www.sarenet.es [1]
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario
hacerlo.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.sarenet.es