Failure making cyrus-imapd-3.0.5 on CentOS 7

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Apr 17 12:58:21 EDT 2018

DJW> Greetings again, I've made it a bit further in my attempt to
DJW> install cyrus-imapd, but am getting failures when executing `make`.
DJW> The failure is shown below.

You should look at what the Fedora specfile does to build the package.
Technically it's possible with some tweaking to get that package to
build on EL7, but you have to disable some things because the EL7
versions of things like Xapian are too old.  The specfile is at
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/cyrus-imapd/blob/master/f/cyrus-imapd.spec

Look down at what is currently line 288 for how I specifically handle
the perl/annotator directory.

There are certainly other cyrus-imapd packages for EL7 that you could
just make use of.  I was considering trying to get a non-conflicting
cyrus-imapd3 package into EPEL, but that's more difficult than just
getting the thing to build.

 - J<