Shared calendars on apple devices

Savvas Karagiannidis karagian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 06:04:46 EDT 2018

Hello everyone!
I am trying to set up a public calendar on apple devices (iPhone, iPad) but
I am probably missing something, cause I can't get it to work...
When setting up personal calendars, the
http://[servername]/dav/principals/user/
URL is used and it works fine. All personal calendars can be accessed and
even new calendars can be created using apple's Calendar app.
But how can public/shared calendars be accessed? They do not show up using
the principals URL and when I attempt to use the direct calendar URL (
http://[servername]/dav/calendars/[calendar_name]/) the Calendar app still
only discovers and displays the user's personal calendars and not the
public calendar...
Am I doing something wrong? What are the proper settings for apple devices?
ACLs are properly configured, so the user has access to the shared calendar
and I have successfully set up shared calendars on other clients like
Thunderbird and android devices (using DAVdroid)

Thanks in advance,
Savvas Karagiannidis