Cyrus-imap 3.0.3 + clamAV

Nicola Nye nicola at fastmailteam.com
Thu Sep 21 01:18:00 EDT 2017

Hi Anton,

I've been looking at improving the documentation on cyr_virusscan since
you wrote to the list.
As Cyrus doesn't ship with ClamAV, it's assumed that you have separately
installed it and are familiar with its operation and configuration.
https://www.clamav.net/documents/installing-clamav has more information.
Once ClamAV is installed, when you compile Cyrus, the configuration step
will detect you have ClamAV installed and compile in support for
cyr_virusscan with ClamAV.
Then you manually invoke cyr_virusscan (or set it up to get invoked
periodically) to scan for infection. -r causes any infected messages to
be removed from the target mailbox.
What is it about the removal flag, -r, that you would like to control?
They're either removed, or they're not.
If you want to tell a user that they had infected mail removed, use the
-n flag in addition.
Let me know what is unclear, so I can improve the documentation!

Thanks,
   Nicola