How to remove attachments from many mails on Cyrus-IMAP Store?

Walter H. walter.h at mathemainzel.info
Thu Oct 19 07:10:30 EDT 2017

Hello,

my energy supplier sends a daily mail about the electricity power
consumption of the previous day;
these mails have two attachment - one .csv and one .xml

I'd like to remove the .xml attachments from the mails already stored in
the cyrus database, as these are bigger and really not needed;
how would I achieve this?
(how to delete these from each file in the database is not problem)

why I would like to do this:  saving storage ...

the directory has these files:

1.
2.
3.
10007.
10008.
cyrus.cache
cyrus.header
cyrus.index
cyrus.squat

my system: CentOS 6, Cyrus v2.3.16-Fedora-RPM-2.3.16-15.el6

Thanks,
Walter