Squatter segfault on big mailbox

Vladislav Kurz vladislav.kurz at webstep.net
Tue Oct 10 10:05:28 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

we have recently migrated our mail server from cyrus 2.2 to 2.5 (both
debian packages).

We have a problem that squatter segfaults on some quite big mailboxes.
I had to add -i (--incremental) to at least index new mails. But users
cannot search in old mails (before migration). I used strace to find out
if it is some particular mail, but it parsed everything fine, and failed
when dealing with some of the many temporary files squatXXXX.

The problematic mailboxes have just inbox > 10 GB (and >15 GB with all
subfolders) and >20000 emails in inbox.

Has anyone else hit similar problem and solved it somehow?

--
Best regards
        Vladislav Kurz