install certificate how to

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Thu Nov 30 08:03:12 EST 2017

Hiho Nikos,

Am Donnerstag, 30. November 2017, 13:42:46 CET schrieb Nikos Gatsis - Qbit:
> How can I install a certificate per domain? Is that possible?
Afaik there is no real Virtual Hosting within Cyrus / IMAP - means: You have
to run own cyrus instances for each hostname on own IPs (or at different non-
standard ports) with different imapd.conf's etc. - makes usually no real
sense in shared hosting environments.

Virtual Hosting as in HTTP / web and SSL is possible with special protocol
extensions to HTTP (like SNI) only. The server has "to know" the used
hostname by getting informed by the client durectly about. Fr, my knowledge
there is no such feature or extension available for IMAP etc.

hth a bit,
best regards,

Niels.

 Niels Dettenbach