Cyrus 2.5.10 openssl 1.1 compatibility problems

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Wed May 31 10:20:06 EDT 2017

A couple of weeks ago I reported that cyrus 2.5.10 would no longer run
after OpenSSL was upgraded from 1.0.x  to 1.1.x, even after recompiling.
  One of the Arch Linux cyrus users pointed out that this modification
to the source files:

        for f in $pkgname-$pkgver/imap/*.[hc];
          do sed -i 's/\<struct *sched_param\>/&_/g' "$f";
        done

Results in compiled cyrus 2.5.10 executables which work fine with
OpenSSL 1.1.

I'm loathe to add this the Cyrus Arch AUR package, if for no other
reason than this violates the Arch rule of not modifying upstream, and
especially since installing the openssl-1.0 compatibility package
resolves the issue until such time as the AUR package can be updated to
cyrus 3.0.x, but I figured I would mention this in case there is any
interest in backporting a fix to the 2.5 branch.